Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WICKED WILDFIRE READATHON GOALS

The Wicked Wildfire Readathon starts next week and I am going to take part. This will be my first time participating.

WW Read-a-Thon

Below is the description of the readathon taken from here:
The Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon is a time when we all get together to dedicate the days of June 7-14 to as much reading as possible. You read as much as you can in order to get yourself a little further through that huge to-read pile! We know real life gets in the way and even if you can’t participate more than one day, you’re welcome to join in on the fun!
In the meanwhile, we will be hosting book-related challenges where you can win some awesome prizes and have a Twitter party at the hashtag #WWReadathon! You can posts updates on your blog, Twitter, Goodreads or Facebook — as long as the profile is public and we all can enjoy your reading progress!

Books to Read
1. Geist by Philippa Ballantine
2Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
3. Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
4. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
5. Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan
6. Here, There Be Dragons by James A. Owen (narrated by James Langton)
7. The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman (narrated by Steve West)
8. Storm Front by Jim Butcher (optional)

My Goals
time spent readingI am going to read on my lunch break at work and after work each day. I have some plans for the weekend, but will be reading when I have some free time then as well.

books: I went through my TBR list and realized that I have around 100 series that I want to read and the majority of them are speculative fiction so I decided to stick to first books in series from that genre. These are all books that I am pretty sure I am going to like so it should be a good reading week. Storm Front would be a reread and I don't think I am going to get to it during the read-a-thon, but I decided to include it in case I read the others faster than anticipated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment