Monday, July 29, 2013

AUSTEN IN AUGUST (ROOF BEAM READER)

I am looking forward to Austen in August as I love Jane Austen books. I re-read Pride and Prejudice, Persusasion, and Sense and Sensibility earlier this year.  For August, I plan on re-reading Mansfield Park and Emma as well as reading Northanger Abbey and Love and Freindship for the first time. 

Austen in August

Full description can be found here
The Goal: To read as many of Jane Austen;s works (finished or unfinished) as you want or are able to, during the month of August. Biographies, audiobooks, spin-offs, and re-reads also count. I will post throughout the month on different subjects, as well as with my own reviews of the Austen books I finish. We will be offering giveaways, guest posts, and other shenanigans, all of which are meant to inspire a great, interactive event. If you are going to participate, you can read any of Jane Austen's novels, a biography about her, or any contemporary re-imaginings (such as Austenland or The Jane Austen Book Club, for example). 
Books to Read
1. Emma by Jane Austen
2. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
3. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
4. Love and Freindship by Jane Austen

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're joining us! I absolutely adore Northanger Abbey. I will also be reading Emma, and Persuasion. Those are my last two Austen works to read, and I'll finally have "the complete works" under my belt.

    FYI - It's actually Love and Freindship. Many believe she misspelled the title on purpose (which is very possible), but the original work had a lot of other misspelled words in it, too. It's possible this is just because she was young (11 years old) when she wrote it, but it's also possible that, being a lampoon parody, it was all intentional. In any case, publishers have generally chosen to keep the title in tact, incorrect spelling and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting about the misspellings in Love and Freindship! I went back and corrected the spelling above. It looks like my copy has the title spelling corrected but it is a weird ebook copy so maybe that was for searchability reasons. I will have to pay attention when I am reading and see if they corrected spelling in the text as well.

      Delete