Monday, August 19, 2013

BOUT OF BOOKS 8.0: PAIRATHON

The second challenge for today comes from Book Pairing
The premise is simple. I want to see what you're out there reading and drinking or eating during Bout of Books. I'm nosy. But I also think that books and wine/food/tea/coffee/beer are better when enjoyed together. So let's share? 
I'm reading Go, Mutants! by Larry Doyle and drinking Le Freak by Green Flash Brewing Company. The main character, J!m, is the son of two different species of alien so the beer which is a mix of two styles (Belgian Trippel and American Imperial IPA) is a good match. Also, J!m is a high school student going through all of the normal angsty teenage stuff in addition to being an outcast because people think that his dad tried to destroy humanity. This beer is bitter just like him!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I really should jump on and try these challenges. I totally have Le Freak sitting in my fridge right now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! It is delicious. I think I have liked everything I've tried from Green Flash.

      Delete