Monday, January 6, 2014

BOUT OF BOOKS 9.0: MAD LIBS

The first challenge I am completing is a mad libs one (I love these) and it comes from Cheap Thrills:
1. I give you a list of words I need from you: noun, verb, adjective, etc. 2. You pick words from book titles (share title and author so we can learn about new books!). 3. Use those words to complete a short story. 
The list of needed words and the template can be found here. I stuck with books on my shelf or on my TBR list and I probably should have picked more outlandish words.  The blurb actually ended up making sense. I would totally read a book with that description.

My list of words:
a. character name: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie 
b. adjective: Shattered Pillars by Elizabeth Bear
c. adjective: Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch 
d. item: The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima
e. occupation: The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
f. act of violence: I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells
g. adjective: The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
h. noun: The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson 
i: noun: The Forest by Edward Rutherford

And the result:
"I just read the greatest book!

This guy Roger Ackroyd ends up in the middle of a shattered conspiracy. Turns out his ancestors were pirates, and he might be the key to finding the broken crown. It's a mythic artifact that disappeared centuries ago, and now a shadowy group of assassins are looking for it. No one knows what uncovering it might do, but these guys are willing to kill for it. I won't say anything else. But believe me, if you like bloody stories with heroes and forests, you have to read this one." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment