Tuesday, January 7, 2014

BOUT OF BOOKS 9.0: READING TACTICS

This challenge comes from Sarah Says Read:
How do you fit in as much reading as possible during Bout of Book? How do you squeeze in those extra pages?
Audiobooks are huge for getting in as much reading time as possible. It took me a while to get into them. A bad narrator can kill a good book and I have had to steer clear of a sizable number after listening to an audio sample, but now I have a short list of narrators whose work I love and when that coincides with a book I was already interested in I usually go for the audiobook instead of the printed one. I try to include one or two during BOB because it means I can get reading in while running errands, while driving to and from work, while knitting, and even in the shower. I keep headphones on me at all times during BOB so I can listen to books while I am walking around the grocery store or while I am doing paperwork.

I also fit in more time reading printed or e-books by reading on my lunch break (which I tend to do anyway) and cutting down on television. When television can't be given up, mostly when the Chargers or Flyers or Villanova basketball teams is on, I mute it and read off and on during the games unless they are super important. I also make sure I keep one of my BOB books in my purse at all times because you never know when you can fit some extra reading time in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment