Saturday, April 26, 2014

DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON: HOURS 9-12

Reading derailed when an intruder (my sister) decided to come over and, amongst other distractions, pretend the dog is a horse.

Hour 10


For the mini challenge
Hour 11first editions: Well, mine ended up being pretty easy because first edition is printed right on it (see above), but it was fun grabbing some other books off the shelf and figuring out the edition number.

I get up for 2 seconds and the book turns into a pillow?
Hour 12mid-event survey
1. What are you reading right now? I am a few chapters into Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs 
2. How many books have you read so far? I finished A Murder of Quality and Man in the Empty Suit and read one of the storied from Engraved on the Eye.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the readathon? Still Frost Burned because I saved it for the latter half of the day.
4Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Just making sure to tell my friends and family that I would be incommunicado all day.
5. Have you had any interruptions? How did you deal with those? My sister showed up unexpectedly and that cut into about an hour of my reading time but we had fun and it was a nice break.
6. What surprises you most about the readathon so far? How many people joined! It is awesome that it broke 700 participants.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the readathon next year? None so far. 
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Nothing as a reader but I would probably sign up to be a cheerleader next year.
9Are you getting tired yet? Not too bad yet. I had to get up around the same time for the readathon as my normal time during the work week so that wasn't a problem. I also went with an audiobook already to give my eyes a rest. Also, it is only 4pm here. I will probably need a nap in the next hour or two to make it into the late night hours though.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or CheerleadersNope.

1 comment: