Monday, April 21, 2014

DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READATHON: GOALS

I am so looking forward to this. The past two weeks, especially the weekends, have been super busy for me so a whole day of reading sounds like the best thing in the world. 


Books to Read
1. Foundation by Isaac Asimov
2. 
Man in the Empty Suit by Sean Ferrell
3. Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs

4.
A Murder of Quality by John le Carré (narrated by Michael Jayston)
5. 
The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan
6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck 
7. Engraved on the Eye by Saladin Ahmed
8.
Preacher by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon 

My Goals
time spent reading: My goal for this go-around is to make it the whole 24 hours, but this includes some small naps along the way. I figure between naps, eating, and challenges I should average 45 minutes of solid reading per hour.

books: I am starting to work my way through the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and I plan on reading 100 pages of the book I am currently on. I am already 48 pages into Man in the Empty Suit so I plan on finishing that. I want to finish at least one other book and will use
the comic book Preacher and some of the short stories from Engraved on the Eye to break up the day a little. My main goal is to read at my normal pace and not try to race through anything just so I can put it in the done pile.

other: Take a picture every hour and complete eight mini challenges.


3 comments:

  1. It looks like you have some great books ready to go. I've been wanting to read Foundation myself. Good luck on meeting your RAT goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals!!! I hope you have a wonderful time, and thanks for being with us! Andi, Readathon Organizer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic stack of books! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete