Saturday, April 26, 2014

DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READATHON: HOURS 1-4

Up before the sun
Hour 1Starting line survey
1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today? San Diego, CA, USA
2. Which book from your stack are you most looking forward to? This is a tie between Frost Burned and Engraved on the Eye. I have been tearing through the Mercy Thompson books and loving them and I have already read a few stories from Engraved on the Eye and have enjoyed those. 
3. Which snack are you most looking forward to? Mango with tajín forever!
4. Tell us a little something about yourself! I love to knit. I even picked an audiobook for today so I can get some work done on a project. 
5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what is one thing you will do differently today? Last time I knew going into it that I would not make it the full twenty four hours but this time I want to try to make it the whole way so I am doing some prep work snack-wise the day before going to bed at a decent hour the night before to maximize my reading time.

For the mini challenge
Hour 2pick a paragraph: see above

The first of what I am sure while be many cups of tea

This book is so good! Food will need to sit untouched for a while longer.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos for your hour updates! Hope you check in soon and let us know how you're doing. Happy Readathon! :) #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear your book is good. That one has been on my list to get since it was first released. I made sure to get a good nit's sleep as well to make it all the way through. Hope it works for us! Happy Reading! #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete