Sunday, April 19, 2015

DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READATHON SPRING 2015: GOALS

Reading has kind of taken a back seat to other things lately so I am really looking forward to this!


Books to Read
1. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
3. Henry V by William Shakespeare 
4. Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs
5. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
6. Lumberjanes, Vol. 1 by Noelle Stevenson and Grace Ellis, Illustrated by Brooke Allen
7. Mort by Terry Pratchett (narrated by Nigel Planer)
8. Very Good, Jeeves! by P.G. Wodehouse
 
My Goals
time spent reading: My goal is to try and make it for the whole 24 hours, but that includes taking breaks here and there and some short naps. If I get too sleepy I am fine with throwing in the towel and not trying to force it though. 

books: I am working with a mix of rereads and new to me books that should cover any kind of reading mood I am in on the day. I know that if I have too much to choose from I will never settle on something so I narrowed the choices down to eight which I have done in the past and that has worked out well. I want to finish three books and will use
the comic book Lumberjanes and some of the short stories from Very Good, Jeeves! to break up the day a little. I will also listen to Mort while making food or driving or knitting so I should be able to get through a good chunk of that. My main goal is to read at my normal pace and not try to race through anything just so I can put it in the done pile.


other: Take a picture every hour and complete eight mini challenges.


0 comments:

Post a Comment