Monday, January 4, 2016

BOUT OF BOOKS 15: GOALS

I will be participating in Bout of Books 15. I haven't done Bout of Books in a while and I didn't get a ton of reading done in the latter part of last year so I am looking forward to focusing on books at the start of the new year. Goals template adapted from here.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 15.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be reading all week. I have work Monday-Friday and have a belated dinner/gift exchange with a friend on Thursday so that night will probably be a wash but I will spend as much free time reading as possible. 

Goals
I barely got any reading done during the last half of 2015 so I want to try and finish three books this week, although I would be fine with two. In the past I have set aside a decent sized stack of books to choose from but since I am only trying to finish a few this week I have narrowed it down to four to keep me focused. The books I chose are all ones that I have had for a while and been meaning to read it not gotten to. As far as other goals, I will try to complete two of the challenges .

Books to Read
1. Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett (narrated by Nigel Planer)
2. The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories by Susanna Clarke
3. Uprooted by Naomi Novik
4. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman




0 comments:

Post a Comment